Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's The Little Things

It's the little things in life that should make us happy right?  When did we become so grand gesture hungry.

How come we have to win the 120 million in the lottery why can't we just be satisfied with the 7 mill.
Why do we need a 9 bedroom house why can't we just be satisfied with a 2 bedroom fixer upper.
Why do we need the hottest guy (bad boy) on the block, why can't we just be content with the man who loves us unconditionally.

We need to start appreciating the little things again.  Like the fact that we woke up this morning.  Your car started.  it could always be worse.  How many times you have made it through what ever storm there was.

I am reminded that life is too short to be angry and tense about the things that I can't control, the saying is true when life gives you lemons you make lemonade.  I realized, that there have been times I didn't know how I was going to pay my rent, or how I was going to get this and do that.  But it worked out, and I was lax in my great fullness.

I  understand that all GOD wants from us is to be grateful. Live decent lives and look to him alone for our peace.

So thank you, for the little things, the small gestures, the safe passage, the breath of life, the healing, the friends, the family, the love unconditional, the non judgement, the making a way out of no way, the understanding, for what you are about to do, and what you have already done.

Guess the little things are GRAND after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment