Tuesday, August 20, 2013

GRATEFUL/FRIENDSHIPS

There are several reasons why I should be grateful.

I woke up this morning to see another day.

I have a job

I have food to eat

Clothes on my back

A God who love me regardless of the things I do or don't do.

A close loving family

But mostly I am grateful for having some of the best friends a person could imagine.  I always hear how good friends are hard to find, and how I can only be friends with men, and women are so messy.  It sometimes makes me wonder, well what kind of friend are you.  Good people love good people. 

I liken friendships to dating relationships, however, friendships can be way more intimate, because you generally confide all with that person.  Your friend is the one that knows the inner most, outer most of who you truly are.  A good friend is a safe place to be vulnerable.   In any relationship it's hard to let your guard down, and with any relationship, you have to blindly trust that you made the right decision, but if your intentions are pure, it's not hard to tell if someone else's are or not.

Granted there is a bit of trial and error.  There is a such thing as season, reason, lifetime. But, once you find your core group hang on to it.  Any and all relationships are work, and you have to fight to keep the good ones.

I just wanted to take this moment to thank them, for just knowing me, accepting me and loving me unconditionally.  As we continue to grow and mature, I pray that we continue to up lift, push, encourage, call each other on our BS. Laugh, create, cry and what ever else God has planned for us together.  

I also wanted to express my continual admiration, love and respect for the woman I have been blessed to know in this life.  For that I am truly grateful!

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment