Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Progress That's Working

Here is how I know, I am finally no longer a work in progress but a progress that's working.  I did work on myself.  Way before Iyanla came around and started fixing people's lives, but I knew I needed to fix mine. Something was definitely  a miss.  Not to beat a dead horse, but my 30's have been rocky at best, and how I got through is truly a victory through the grace of God.  

However, that kind of stuff changes you, inside and out.  The point is I wanted help and I got it.  I worked on being whole, opening up from past hurts, loving myself despite all that has happened.  Not punishing my self thinking how could God do this to me, and what did I do to deserve this.  What I learned is I am beautifully and wondrously made, and all things happen for a reason.

I asked for answer and I got them.  Not right away, and the SHIT and MUCK, and dirty low down stuff I had to go through to get through, was real in these streets, but I sit here with a smile on my face as I type this.  Because, I asked and HE answered and continues to answer.  With the help of a therapist, and THE WORD I was able to find myself again.  The new me, the me that I have always wanted to be.  The adult me, the I have put away childish things to live the life I am supposed to live me.  No more running from what I know I am capable of, but running toward my goals.  With a fresh new perspective  that no one can steal from me.  One of my favorite sayings is, "you can't steal my joy, cause you didn't give it to me."

Not only that, I met someone, and I met someone I really like.  I'm not jumping the gun, but this has been a long time coming, for the first time, in a while. I am not afraid of being hurt, I am totally 100 percent myself, and equally vulnerable, and I love it.  I'm open, I'm full.  This is awesome!  

So right now I wanna take this moment so send a little prayer up for each of you reading this blog, and a continued prayer for those who are close to me.  That you know that there is a purpose for your life, and that God will never leave you or forsake you.  You only have this life, so live it like it's your last.  Don't put off until tomorrow, what you could do today, because tomorrow is not promised.  I ask for a covering over each of you, that you can see clearly as to what it is your supposed to do in this life.  I pray for Wholeness, oneness, and team work, with what ever person you are dealing with, and knowing your OWN self worth.

A smile goes a long way! Remember it could always be worse :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment