Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Surrender

Happy New year everyone, I know it's been a while since you've heard from me, but I feel like it's important to have something important to say.  Then waste your valuable reading time on nonsense.  With that being said.  2014 has already been extremely gratifying in ways I have never imagined.  

After my experience with my own cancer, then my mother's cancer, and then my mom being hit by a car.  Yes, it's been interesting to say the least, but in the words of Ceily in The Color Purple,  "but I'm here, I'm here".  I am a living testimony of the matchless grace of God.  I have seen his miracles honey and they are something.  He continues to do miracles in me, and my mom.

The past 9 years have been some of my best and my worse.  However, one thing I know for sure, my life is not my own.  I chose a bit a go to do what we are all supposed to do as children of God and that is surrender.  I surrendered it all!  Myself, my thoughts, my desires, my fears.  All of it.  I am sharing this now, because I need to see, and I needed witnesses to the fact that this is true.  Anyone, who know's me knows.  I don't run around preaching or telling folks the way to the Lord is Christ.  That is your own spiritual journey, and I do not negate that.  All I can say is what I know.  Since I have done it my life has been full.

Okay let's be clear, I'm human, and not perfect, and some times I look around that imaginary corner to see if there is something I should look out for.  I don't just always walk right out LOL, but I know if I am tenative all I have to do is call on him and he helps me out.  There are some things that I will share in time, about what other things he has blessed me with, in regard to my surrender.  But, if me being alive and my mom being alive and walking after surviving cancer and then her and her friend being hitting by a car while crossing the street.  Flying 100 feet being in the hospital system for 2 years and still around to talk about it.  Is not enough for you to at least think about it, well I don't know what to tell ya!

There are things you struggle with often, and there is no need.  You can only control the way you react, and that's pretty much it.  Your journey is yours, you will most definately have trials, believer or not.  Things will not always work out the first time, sometimes not even the second.  It's all a way to see what you are made of.  Trust me I know first hand.

Okay...okay...enough of this stuff, but if you could just try to throw your hands up and shout out loud you handle it.  Cross bridges when you get to them, don't fret or worry, cause when I tell ya it's always on time it is.  

I hope this year brings you all the desires of your heart, but mostly I hope, that you can get out of your own way.

Warmly,

Nikea

2 comments:

  1. What a testimony. Thanks for sharing. God is amazing and he is hard at work creating miracles. I thank him for showing us all mercy. Congrats on your many accomplishments and the ones that are sure to come your way. God bless fellow La Tijera Tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good thought expression Nikea, keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete