Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting For Epic!

Trust me when I say, I will not settle, it's not that I'm picky...I just won't settle for less than EPIC love!  Now I'm sure you are probably thinking that's a very high standard, but my version of EPIC probably differs from yours.

I'm looking for my match, the one who compliments me, who can check me when I'm wrong, and lovingly tell/ give advice on what to do next, I am looking for a best friend, a confidant, the first person I wanna call when something great/or bad happens, one I can cry and laugh with, one who is willing to put up with all things me and I him.

To me that's EPIC love...I can't help but think about Stevie Wonders song as...and how much he loved the person he was singing to...this part in particular stands out to me:

Until the rainbow burns the stars out in the sky--Loving you 
Until the ocean covers every mountain high--Loving you 
Until the dolphin flies and parrots live at sea--Loving you 
Until we dream of life and life becomes a dream--Be loving you 
Until the day is night and night becomes the day--Loving you 
Until the trees and seas up, up and fly away--Loving you 
Until the day that 8x8x8x8 is 4--Loving you 
Until the day that is the day that are no more--Loving you 
Until the day the earth starts turning right to left--Be loving you 
Until the earth just for the sun denies itself--Loving you 
Until dear Mother Nature says her work is through--Loving you 
Until the day that you are me and I am you-- 
Now ain't that loving you 

Now that seems ridiculous doesn't it, but that's what love makes you feel like...that all the preposterous things are possible...that you two are the only things besides God that exist.

I have to say, because of not settling and knowing when something is just not gonna work cause he and I are not on the same page, or  he comes with so much baggage it's hard to see what's under neath because he has hid that part from everyone...I am not trying to heal someone, I am not your mother, I am not your father and I am not your savior, I didn't do it, it's not your fault and I am not her!

I am your lover, your confidant, your cheerleader, your best friend, your biggest support, I am your equal, your match, your ride or die!  You will be mine...EPIC, I know your out there, and I pray to GOD that he prepares me to recognize you when you come...I am a bit out of practice on being someones girlfriend, but  if your him... I will let ya know that, and you can help me along as I will help you.

EPIC and I are partners, and share everything and we enjoy our friends while enjoying each other's company.  Right now you are a vision and your nick name is EPIC, but I look forward to the day when I can call you by your true name...the one your momma gave you :).  Can't wait to meet you, and if I already know you, can't wait to see how our love evolves!

No comments:

Post a Comment