Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Wanna Know What Love Is, I Want You To Show Me!

The old saying is there is someone for everyone...and you deserve to have someone love you the way you deserve...hmmm.

I mean I think I am a good woman, and I have a lot to offer a man...I am not so fiercely independent that I can't respect a man and his duties as a man...in fact I want that...I want the man to be a man...I am not dis-respectful...I am loving, affectionate...the list can go on and on...but I have never really been in love...baring young love, or puppy love...I have not experienced that divine love where you find your best mate...your soul the person you would take a bullet for...my bestie!

A friend said once she hasn't been in a relationship in so long she wonders if she would remember how to be...I thought about that...I haven't been in a relationship with possiblities since college and although there was feelings there...was there love?...I am not looking for Mr. Perfect, cause God knows there is no such thing...I have gotten past my daddy issues through therapy (keeping it real). After which I dated, and dated to see what it is that I would look for in a mate.  But more often than not I get (from men) your exactly what I need but or they are some how intimidated by me.

Listen, I'm just a girl who wants to be loved and wants to love...I am not the girl who has been planning a wedding since I was 5 and wants to get married or be with someone cause I need them to make me whole...I am looking for a match in every way possible...so that WE can be epic...so because of this I have spent time being alone...but hey at least I am not bringing my past relationships into the equation or trying to re-invent the last guy I was with, cause that's not fair.

I think I am writing this post because today is Valentines day...and the day when red balloon's and I love you's are flung to and fro!  But each day should and is Valentines day when you have some one to love...In the same way I love my Family and my Closest friends is the same way I want to love HIM who ever he is...so in the mean time I guess I will still be waiting and this will go to Gods ears and he will send someone to love me as God does!

No comments:

Post a Comment